Monday, 13 April 2009

Fresh Squeezed

Look what I have to work with now:

The patterned fabrics are Fresh Squeezed by Sandy Gervais for Moda.

Encouraged by I'm A Ginger Monkey, I'm going to use these for English paper-pieced hexagon patchwork. I did some reading first which suggests to get good results, all the hexagons must be precisely the same size, so I'm using cut-out paper hexagons from the pdf available at Cia's palette, enlarged using my printer (it was trial and error to get to the right size). I also looked at the helpful tutorial at Sunshine Creation's blog.

I cut out hexagons in fabric and paper at the weekend:



There's still quite a lot of green in this project. Obviously I'm still in my green period.
Progress reports to follow in due course.

1 comment:

  1. the hexagons are looking good and the fabrics are great too.

    ReplyDelete