Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Clothkits revival


I sewed this Clothkits doorstop on Saturday afternoon. Good timing, as it was warm enough to want the French doors propped open this weekend.

I'm old enough to remember the original Clothkits from the 1970s. Not sure if I ever wore any of their designs myself, but I do remember "helping" my mum to cut out a Clothkits sundress in 1978 - it was cream, with a printed pattern of pale green leaves. Quite lovely.

The doorstop kit was a free gift as part of my Sew Hip subscription earlier this year. This was serendipity, as I subscribed before the new subscriber gift was launched, and was then charmed to discover, after I'd done the subscription, that a Clothkits doorstop to sew would be winging its way to me.

I do admire the Clothkits designs in general; I am sorely tempted by various of the skirt kits, but am trying to resist adding any more sewing projects to my to-sew list at present.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely door stop! I can remember Cloth-kits from way back when too, I even rememberer going to the Lewis shop with my mother as she loved their kits.

    ReplyDelete