Thursday, 23 July 2009

Lift off!

I've now completed this outer space duvet set, using a mix of applique and embroidery on a plain white IKEA duvet cover and pillowcase.

I used Lazy May embroidery patterns published in Sew Hip issue 6. They were fun to stitch. I embroidered a selection of the outer space designs on the pillowcase, and along the top of the duvet cover.

For the applique, I used two rocket print panels from Prints Charming:


It took a long time to complete that purchase, but we got there in the end (I declined to send my credit card details in an email as suggested.)


Ds has already slept in his new sheets. He is very happy.

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I love the rocket applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic duvet set!!! Loving the design a lot!!

    ReplyDelete