Friday, 17 July 2009

Out of this world


I did a little sewing last weekend, but have not yet got a FO to show. This is work in progress.

The outer space stitcheries were in Sew Hip issue 6, accompanying instructions to make a lampshade (that's not what I'm using them for). The designs are by Lazy May:

LAZY MAY: modern stitching
She has a wonderful range of stitchery patterns for sale on her site. I especially like the crafter's dilemma and the Caketastic pattern suggested for a kitchen wallhanging. Although I have far too many to-sew projects already on my list, so I'm resisting adding to it at present.

Embroidery is lovely and portable. Just right for when you want to take your sewing out of doors in good weather. Infants' sports day was cancelled owing to torrential rain today, so I hope the weather improves this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I love your embroidery, looks great. What are you making when all is finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm embellishing a duvet set for ds. It's a bit of a cheat, as I bought a plain cotton set from IKEA - I'm just adding to it.

    ReplyDelete