Friday, 6 November 2009

Shrek's recipes

Ds and I had a cookout session with the Shrek cookbook recently.


I previously mentioned my plan to make the three little pigs' apfelstrudel, and this turned out to be very easy. We just melted butter with a little sugar, softened the apples, then stirred in a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup. The cooked apple mixture went on sheets of filo pastry, which I'd bought ready made. I like to simplify as much as possible when ds is in the kitchen! Then we wrapped it up, smeared melted butter on top, and baked it in the oven for 15 mins.

Ds likes a healthy scoop of whipped cream on his desserts. (Maybe that should be, unhealthy!?)

We also made "frogspawn" jelly - basically lemon jelly with added passionfruit.

Ds's major role was in scooping out the seeds from the passionfruits.


The whipped cream was good with this too!


I feel I should add here that I only make desserts (and cakes) at weekends and in school holidays. The rest of the time, the kids eat fruit or yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment