Monday, 4 January 2010

Resolved

I've been thinking a little about the coming year and what I'd like to achieve.

My main goal for 2010 is to stay employed. My employer is making staff reductions; I don't want this blog to focus too much on the negative, so I don't plan to dwell on this, except to say that the odds are not so bad. Needless to say, I don't plan to volunteer for redundancy.

In crafting terms, I think I'll set my goals as follows:
  • to complete at least one of the items on my languishing list (as I write this, there are four items on it)
  • to do a little more knitting, as in 2009 I managed to finish only four knitted items. I've joined the Ravelry Harry Potter House Cup group, which will hopefully encourage completion of a few more items in 2010.
  • to learn a new craft skill. I'd like to know how to crochet, or to make myself a beaded necklace. I don't like setting myself too many targets, so just achieving one of these would be fine!
I also plan to spend less time on the computer, which I have found a terrible time-sink in the latter part of 2009. But I still intend to post regularly on this blog, so hopefully my readers won't see much difference. It's playing Bejeweled Blitz and otherwise frittering time pointlessly that I'm hoping will reduce.

I will review my progress towards these goals in April.

How about you, reader? Do you have any craft-related resolutions for 2010?

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the job, have you knitted from the Harry Potter Book? We have so far only knitted 2 scalves, keep planning on trying the H jumper - maybe this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it you mean Charmed Knits? Yes, I've made two scarves, one beanie hat and two berets from there - so far. I also like the look of the Weasley jumper. Maybe I'll show it to ds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, new look!

    Let me know if you are serious on the crochet front - I used to do a lot of it, before it destroyed my wrist (the secret is to hold the hook like a pencil not a knife, which will not destroy your wrist, but feels very strange to me) - and have how to books you're free to borrow.

    ReplyDelete