Thursday, 8 April 2010

Blog-iversary


My blog is one year old today!

I started my blog in light of a sewing restart after an eleven year gap, thinking it would act as a motivational aid and help me complete projects. And it worked!

Since I started my blog, I've learned a lot on the sewing front. I've taken my first steps in quilting. I've learned to spot, and correct for, pattern errors. Previously I only ever worked from commercial paper patterns, but I've now drafted my own patterns, successfully making two different skirts, one pair of pyjama pants and one pair of kids' shorts. And I've even had one of my own designs - a simple upcycle patchwork cushion - published in a real magazine (thank you, Sew Hip).

My knitting productivity went down last year as a result of the sewing orientation, but on the plus side, I finished many more hand-made items, which I've been able to share with the blogging world.

It helps to sustain my enthusiasm for blogging when I know I'm not writing into a void, so please do feel encouraged to leave comments. I'm always charmed to receive feedback from my readers.

PS I didn't make that cake in the photo. Owing to a time shortage, it came from Marks and Spencers!

3 comments:

  1. congratulations! And the cake looks lovely too, hope it was enjoyed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    I love your blog, your sewing is marvelous and inspirational.
    I know what you mean about comments and feeling like nobody is out there. Do you subscribe to google analytics? It's free and easy to install and it shows you how many visitors you have and from which sources. I like it cos I know folk are looking in even if they are not commenting. And to be honest, I've been an avid reader of blogs for a few years but rarely commented until I started my own.
    Sorry if you knew all that already!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete