Saturday, 24 April 2010

Choc Cherry baby

Eagle-eyed readers might have noticed the appearance of Choc-Choc-Cherry items on my FOs list recently. Here is the complete set:


And here's the hat being modelled:



The choc-choc-cherry bamboo/merino mix yarn I used is available from http://www.easyknits.co.uk/.

Both items were made using free patterns available on the Internet. The jacket is the Stripey scrappy socky cardigan by f.pea, specifically designed for sock yarn, but I knitted it without the stripes, obviously. I also made the garter stitch section slightly longer than specified, and the button bands 2 rows wider each side, so I could add two buttonholes using the yarnover method, rather than using button loops.

The hat is a baby ruffle hat (knit) from Bernat - you have to log in to obtain the pattern, but sign-up is free. This one was supposed to be knit in dk, so I had to adjust the pattern slightly for gauge.

2 comments:

  1. The hat is gorgeous (as is the baby) She looks like Victoria Plum.
    The colours work really well together.
    Well done.
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! And I just want to give that little model a squeeze!

    ReplyDelete