Thursday, 27 May 2010

Baby pirate hat


I finished the baby hat pictured above. This was a fun pattern to work, and the frequent colour changes mean you won't get bored, although you will end up with about 100 ends to work in (it feels like it anyway!). I made this one in the infant size, using various scraps of cotton dk. The only adjustment I made was to shorten the braids slightly, as the pattern specification seemed a little long for a baby.

This is a free pattern - Cheery Scrap Cap - available at Petite Purls - an awesome resource for baby and children's knitting patterns I've mentioned before. The pattern includes an alternative girl's version with little hearts instead of the skulls.

I now have nothing except languishing items on my knitting needles. Could this mean more progress on Resolution 2 (finish items on my "languishing" list)? Watch this space...

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable little hat, perfect for a tiny pirate!

    ReplyDelete