Sunday, 2 May 2010

Barbecue apron

In a very rare event, I sewed something for dh yesterday:


Dh wanted a cheerful apron for the barbecue season. I made this one out of IKEA fabric with billy goats, pine trees, chalets and snow-topped peaks. The ties and neckstrap are made out of leftover skull-and-crossbones fabric from ds's pirates shorts. I didn't work from a pattern as such, but used an old apron as a template, plus some measurements taken direct from dh.

This apron is longer than I would have chosen, but dh asked for it to be this length. Presumably he is thinking of potential for knees to get burned. Dear life... I'd better get a bucket of water ready before we light the barbecue.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice apron... but given the pouring rain at the moment you may be safe from barbecues for some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give that man a scrubbing brush!
    Very smart.
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete