Saturday, 8 May 2010

Forward Plan

Not much crafting to report this week. My new enhanced job has new enhanced hours, so I was in the office for longer, and working at home also using my new enhanced remote log-in access.


I have however been amassing fabric, in preparation for tackling my first ever full-size quilt. I'm collecting green and brown fabrics, including some from the Verna range by Kate Spain for Moda. To the right in the above photo is a layer cake, which took rather longer than I anticipated in transit from the US (possibly owing to the volcanic ash cloud, which closed UK airspace for a while recently?). But actually, that's not such a bad thing, because the materials for this quilt add up to such a lot of outlay, I'm having to stagger the purchases (notwithstanding my new enhanced salary!)

Queen-sized cotton batting and 4 m of backing fabric required next.

I'm guessing it may also take me quite a long time to put the quilt together, so perhaps I'll post work in progress rather than waiting till I've got an FO to show you.

3 comments:

  1. I'll watch your progress with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, full sized quilts can be expensive. I have had to buy my fabric in installments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour choice as usual!
    How are you going to do it? Square blocks or something fancy?
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete