Monday, 17 May 2010

Snowflake mitts


I do realise it's totally the wrong time of year to have made these! However, I loved the pattern, so after I'd finished my choc-cherry baby set, I cast on for these.

The pattern is from Yarn Forward magazine no 22. It was a good intro to fairisle, being reasonably small and manageable. However, the most fabulous thing about this project was the totally gorgeous Inca Cloud 100% alpaca yarn by Artesano. Lovely yarn, highly recommended by me - it has a wonderful handle.

This is the fourth pair of fingerless gloves I've made, and I fear I may be developing an obsession, as I just added the Primrose gloves from Yarn Forward no. 24 to my to-knit list. Although I don't actually have this YF issue, and I keep being outbid on ebay. Very annoying. I might have to resort to the digital download option available on Yudu.

No comments:

Post a Comment