Sunday, 8 August 2010

Pins in the garden

I blogged recently about my plan to sew more. This month my plan has not gone quite to, er, plan, as rather than working from recent Sew Hip issues, I ended up sewing a project back from issue 11, which is rather a good one. (The woven quilt was in that issue too.)

Without further ado, I present my August small sewing project - a garden pincushion


I pretty much followed the Sew Hip instructions, but I did add a few felt flowers. The original just had leaves:


I also adorned my version with lovely handmade glass and acrylic flower pins, as shown below. If you like them, you can find them on etsy.


I already own several pin cushions, but perhaps you can't have too many?

ETA: Shared at Tea Rose Home Link Party No. 23.

3 comments:

  1. No such thing as too many pincushions, and that one is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Your flower pins add just the right touch. Personally, I think you can't have too many pin cushions. Incredibly useful and small so they are a perfect thing to collect!

    ReplyDelete