Sunday, 12 September 2010

Apple pie

The apple season has begun in our garden. We have two apple trees, both of which are allegedly eating apples, but we find they are better in cooking, unless you eat them on the same day as they are picked.


Today I picked some apples, sliced them up and mixed in some brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon:


Then rolled out pastry (shamingly, I buy the ready-made kind) and made a pie:


We ate it for dessert today, and it was delicious.


My traditional-style enamel pie plate came from Lakeland. I did have such a pie plate once before, which originally belonged to my granny, but somewhere along the line I lost it, so I was rather pleased to find a modern version.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are a pastry artist - I love the little leaves on the top:)

    ReplyDelete