Sunday, 19 September 2010

Bishop's Hat Tea Cosy

Here's my September sewing - see, I hadn't forgotten my pledge to sew something, even if only small, every month.


The Bishop's Hat Tea Cosy pattern was in Sew Hip issue 20:


If you would like to see more of the work of this particular designer, take a look here.

The pattern appealed to me because not only was it small (so there was a chance I would actually finish it inside a month!), it used machine embroidery, which I was keen to try. Also, I already had plenty of suitable fabrics in my stash.

It was my first attempt at machine embroidery. I think it's not too bad, although I'm not convinced it's quite up to holiday gift standard.

3 comments:

  1. I think you have done a great job. You should be really proud. I have stopped buying Sew Hip, but I wish they'd put PDFs of their patterns on their website that you buy/ download.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for sharing that with me - I am so pleased you did!. It looks great and it's brilliant that you had a go at the embroidery too.

    Enjoyed reading your blog too :-)

    Woo

    ReplyDelete