Sunday, 5 September 2010

Holiday End

We hadn't booked a family holiday this year, mainly owing to ongoing uncertainties about my employment situation. Dh and ds spent a week in early August staying with dh's brothers in Ireland, and dd managed to get quite a few trips in, but I stayed at home.  We did however manage a couple of weekends away, staying with my parents.

Last weekend, in an effort to create a small family holiday experience (even though dd was in Jersey at the time) we made a day trip to Whitby on the North East coast. Here's the West Cliff - that's the North Sea you can see there:


Ds was very excited by the whale's jawbone at the entrance to the harbour steps:


It's been there as long as I can remember (I've been making trips to Whitby ever since I was a little girl).

We had lunch in a seafood restaurant, and it was perfectly splendid:


Note cup of tea accompanying meal. This was Yorkshire, after all :-).

3 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely - we took a mini trip to the Kent coast ourselves, and had a lovely time. Little trips seem nicer, maybe because they're more unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Whitby, what a great day trip. I can't wait to see where you are off to next!

    xxxh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitby is lovely, I haven't been there for a few years, but I remember spending a wonderful day there for my birthday (Nov) when it was all pre Christmassy and lit up!

    ReplyDelete