Sunday, 31 October 2010

Found!

These books are very popular with my just-eight-year-old:


Perhaps you recognise them, although I believe Wally's name changes, according to which country you are in. In the USA he is known as Waldo, and in french-speaking countries I understand his name is Charlie.

Ds wants to be able to hide like Wally, so I knitted him this hat.


The pattern is available for free from Wiseneedle. I adjusted it slightly to fit a child. I used Debbie Bliss cashmerino dk yarn.

Hallowe'en in the UK is not the major festival it is in the States, but there is still a little fun to be had, so as you can see in the photo above, we made a pumpkin lantern this morning. Ds will be going out with his dad, once darkness falls, in a quest for sweet treats!

2 comments:

  1. Cool, Kathryn loves Wally too. We currently have one sugar fueled comet zooming about the place refusing to go to sleep... hope ds is less sugar enhanced after the trick or treating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eldest loves Wally to. I bought him a set from the Book People for Xmas. We have the Picture Hunt and it's been a big success.

    ReplyDelete