Thursday, 14 October 2010

Setbacks


I'm not doing too well on the knitting front. To be frank, I am coming to LOATHE the yarn I'm working with for my skier's chullo hat. If there weren't about 100 points for Ravenclaw house riding on it, I'd frog it now! As it is, I'm stuck with it with a deadline of end November.

I'm using a very traditional 100% Shetland wool yarn, much admired by others, but clearly it's not for me. I bought more yarn than I needed for this project, but luckily I've found someone to trade the excess with on Ravelry, as somehow I don't think I'll be using it again.

On an unrelated subject, but contributing to my general fairly downcast mood, as regular readers will already have realised, I work in the UK public sector. Today I received my second Section 188 notice in a month (one for my acting-up role and one for my substantive post). For the uninitiated, a Section 188 means my employer has notified this post as being at risk of redundancy. This is the third time in four years that I've been in this situation.

Hey ho. I should write something uplifting about persistence in the face of adversity, but I don't have the heart for it today :-(

1 comment: