Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Le francais

Idly following a few links recently, I was charmed to find you can get blogs (or any other internet content) translated courtesy of Google. Want to see my site in French? Look here

I'm really tickled that my screen label KL (which is actually my first name initials) has also kindly been translated... into "kilolitre". Er, no.

Although my French is terribly rusty, I can spot a few other errors as well. For example, I would translate "really" as "vraiment" rather than "reellement", which I haven't heard in common use. (sorry, there are no accents on my English keyboard; I know there should be one in "reellement" - my French isn't as terrible as all that!)

Maybe translation isn't dead as a career for humans quite yet - further programming definitely required.

No comments:

Post a Comment