Saturday, 27 November 2010

Snowfall stocking

I actually knitted this some weeks ago, but it didn't seem right to blog about it till now. Suddenly it seems the festive season is almost upon us, and we actually had snow here this weekend.


I made this knitted stocking using Jennifer Hoel's beautiful Falling Snowflake Stocking pattern and Wendy mode chunky yarn.

I made it for ds, to replace his previous craft-fair purchased felt stocking which was on its last legs, so to speak. I'd already glued the snowman back on, but the edges had started to separate, and a stocking is no good if things fall out!

Ds's eyes were as big as saucers when he saw the replacement, as it is quite a large stocking - no doubt he was thinking about all the presents that would fit inside! I'll have to have a word with Santa, as possibly we will need it bulking out with oranges for economy purposes.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I can't wait to see it full of pressies :-D

    xxh

    ReplyDelete