Saturday, 11 December 2010

Instructions for married life

I came back from the shops this morning with yellow roses. And found dh waiting for me, with a bunch of freesias. Both these flowers were at our wedding.

It's eighteen years ago this weekend since we got married, long before the days of digital photography, but I do have one scanned photo, of us signing the register:


How young I look! And I no longer have curly hair [cough. Those curls were not natural!]

Since then, we've known good times and we've known hard times. Our children have brought us both joy and substantial challenge. In spite of the ups and downs, not only are we still together, both of us are still buying flowers for the other, to mark our anniversary, and that can't be bad.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Hope you have both had a wonderful day together. I think it's having both shared good and bad times togehter that makes a marriage stronger and one that will go the distance (although I can't say that I am any expert having only been married two years but I think it's a good philosophy to have).

    Thanks also for your kind comments about my blog - I do enjoy reading yours too and it's not at all whiney - far from it!

    Enjoy the rest of your anniversary day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, and how lovely that you both remembered:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary - Hope you both had a fantastic day!!

    xxh

    ReplyDelete