Tuesday, 4 January 2011

2011 objectives

Here's my promised new-year's-resolutions post.

I will try to stay employed. This one seems to get a bit more difficult every year, so my fingers are crossed for the year ahead.

On the crafting front, I will try to:
  • achieve a better balance between knitting and sewing (baseline: 7 sewn items and 26 knitted items completed in 2010. Although admittedly one of the sewing items was a double patchwork quilt, which is probably worth at least four smaller projects).
  • finish at least one of the three items currently languishing as long term WIPs
  • take further steps in crochet i.e I hope to be able to produce a flower, snowflake or other small item by the end of the year.
That's all. I won't make blithe statements about spending less time on the computer, as I'll never manage it. I would like to read a few books this year, though, and maybe even go on a proper holiday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just having a catch up. I intend to finish off very overdue WIP, but who knows? And like you, hang onto my jobs! Definitely not easy working in the public sector. And I advise looking at Attic24, for crochet tutorials, but maybe a class to teach you the basics? I learnt via you tube and a class.

    ReplyDelete