Saturday, 8 January 2011

Jan Finished Object shock

Eagle-eyed readers may have spotted a FO (Finished Object) has already appeared in my 2011 list! I know, I'm rather stunned as well. But after a whole month off knitting, I was very keen to click the needles again. So I made this wash set, which will be a gift for a colleague:


I used Peaches & Creme dishcloth cotton in black cherry colourway. The hearts washcloth pattern is available online, but the matching soap sack is of my own design.

I'm now about to enter another crazy knitting frenzy, as evidenced by these three swatches:


The swatches are prep for one cabled scarf, one pair of socks, and one lace shawl by end March. We'll see...

They are for a planned History of Magic OWL - see Ravelry, HPKCHC group for further info (Note: Rav log-in required to access link). It may sound geeky, but playing this Harry Potter themed game really motivates my knitting, provides inspiration and the necessary incentive to stick at it. I've even overcome my resistance to crafting deadlines.

3 comments:

  1. Well done with FOs already! I really need to make a soap pouch for all of my leftover bits of soap on the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really nice, must sort out getting myself some peaches and creme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Stylish Blogger Award'

    I recently received the above award, which made me feel fantastic. Part of the package entails spreading the Blog Love onto your favourite bloggers & that is YOU...Thank you for sharing all of your cosy creatitivity with us all!!

    xxh

    ReplyDelete