Sunday, 16 January 2011

Woodland knitting


This weekend, I've been trying my hand at knitting design.

I wanted to knit something with those red and white toadstools on, which are so evocative of fairyland. So I used the fairisle fly agaric pattern from the free mushroom pulse warmers available at Hello Yarn and worked that into my own fingerless mitts. I've knitted so many different fingerless mittens now, I felt I could construct my own pattern to fit me. Which I have done, if the first mitten is a guide. I'm knitting the second one now, following my own instructions.

I don't think I will write this pattern up - too derivative. But possibly I will use the measurements and base pattern for something more original in the future.

1 comment:

  1. They look lovely! I love those little toadstools!!

    ReplyDelete