Saturday, 5 February 2011

Little houses

I spent a very pleasant afternoon sewing today. Here's my work in progress:



I used the Little House coasters pattern from Sew Hip issue 25, and this time there is not a single pattern error to report. Templates were the correct size, instructions were clear and easy to follow, and I'm pleased with the finished items. Although inevitably, I did introduce some errors of my own, such as getting the apple fabric upside down in the spoon-loop! Oops.


I will definitely make more of these. They are much, much more fun than the shop-bought coasters I have at present (although those ones are eco-friendly. They are made of recycled coffee cups).

Here's a view of my lovely new coasters in service, protecting our dining table:


The coasters are Zakka-inspired, and I did have some genuine Japanese ribbon to use in them, that my step-daughter brought me back from her holiday there last year.

The designer also sells these as hand-made items on etsy (really, I ought to start asking for commission, I promote so many designers with direct links on here!!) as well as lovely Japanese fabrics. I've got to stop going on etsy, actually, because my favourites list is starting to get a little out of hand. I have no spare money this month, either, as I've spent it on all on a burglar alarm.

2 comments:

  1. ...I am glad to hear I am not the only one who creates sewing problems for themselves :-)

    Your coasters look fabulous, they would make the perfect gift for family & friends.

    xxh

    ReplyDelete