Sunday, 6 March 2011

Blackberry Shawl

May I introduce my Blackberry Shawl:


I made this shawl out of one of my favourite yarns: Schoppelwolle Zauberball 4-ply. All the beautiful colour stripes are down to the yarn dye sequence. (If you would like to try it, this yarn is on offer right now at Meadow Yarn, which is where I get my supplies. In fact, I just bought another two balls to add to my stash.)

The pattern is the Willow Shawl which was in Yarn Forward magazine no 27, by the very clever Vikki Harding (note: Rav log-in required to access link). This is the third pattern I've made by her, and all have been a dream to work.

Incidentally, I hear Yarn Forward magazine is being re-named Knit from the next issue. Which seems a pretty uninspired choice, but I suppose they have their reasons.

I'm particularly pleased to have finished this because it means I have scored another OWL - History of Magic this time! Regular readers will know, I play an online Harry Potter-themed knitting game on Ravelry. The shawl goes with my red socks and my cable scarf and represents knitting skill-building within a specified timeframe.

ETA: shared at Tea Rose Home Link Party No. 45




3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I really love the variegation of colour through your shawl - so pretty indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely. I really must get my hands on some zauerball:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant shawl! I've not heard of the HP knitting game, going to have a look now!

    ReplyDelete