Saturday, 30 July 2011

Knitted Jacket

So I've been posting and posting on the subject of crochet, and you've been waiting patiently for me to knit something (or even to sew something, but that has to wait for another month to pass, probably!)

In the background, though, I've been steadily working away for the past several months on the Violetta cardigan. In fact, I haven't blogged in the last ten days as I was focusing on completing it:


This was the second cardigan pattern I made from Yarn Forward (now Knit) magazine and after encountering pattern errors in both, I will hesitate before tackling another large project from that source. (The first one was the Apple Strudel.)

For this jacket, I corrected for inadequate decrease instructions (decrease lines are uneven in the back piece owing to this), incorrect sleeve cuff and pocket lining instructions, errors in the button band instructions (that was minor though, about the identification of WS when RS was actually involved). Even the half-linen stitch pattern defined at the pattern start is incorrect. And worse, the errata on the Knit magazine Rav group are still incorrect, in spite of sending them a message to draw this to their attention.

As ever, I noted the various pattern errors on my Rav project page, so if you want to tackle this one, you know where to look.

I made it using Amy Butler Belle organic yarn, which was a dream to handle and knit with. But it is pricey, and I'm sure the yarn investment has contributed to the stress of making it, as I didn't want to make an expensive mistake. Which I may have done, as the FO seems a bit large on me (even though I made the smallest size). I do like the vintage styling on it, though, and at least I've finished it!

I now plan to do NO KNITTING for the month of August. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment