Monday, 29 August 2011

Apple dapple

Don't faint, but I have actually sewn something!! The inspiration came from picking the first of our apples on Friday. I don't know why, but it made me want to do some sewing. Perhaps it's the idea of Autumn kicking in.


I went on the Internet and found this new, free pattern on the Bustle and Sew website. I had absolutely everything I needed to make it in my stash.


I added gingham borders to accommodate the cushion pad I had in hand, and used gingham on the back to edge the envelope opening. I also adopted a slightly more random approach to placement of stalks and leaves. I really like the country-style result, and it seems very seasonal.

Now, what to do with the actual apples? I rather fancy making this apple dapple cake. If I do, I'll be sure to post about it on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen - thanks for your comment on Bustle & Sew and leaving me this link - your appley dappley cushion looks great, and I think the gingham round the edge is a lovely idea - wish I'd thought of it!!

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete