Saturday, 17 September 2011

Cabled mittens

In a fit of awesome productivity, I have finished the cabled arm-warmers I alluded to in my last post.


I made them out of Rowan silky tweed in the shade inky. This yarn is now discontinued, and I am sorely tempted to buy up every available skein on ebay currently, as it's gorgeous. I sometimes find lambswool yarn irritating, but the silk content in this one gives it a really comfortable handle.

The pattern is from the previously mentioned The Knitting Book. I did however make a slight modification, in that instead of carrying the ribbing all the way up the inside of the mitten, I knitted in stocking stitch at the palms and then finished off with 10 rows of ribbing. I like a smooth surface on the hands of my mitts, fingerless or not.

1 comment:

  1. They're nice. Is now the right time to say I have some? Bought it about 10 yrs ago, enough for a sweater. Still mean to get round to it one day. After your review, I might dig it out:)

    ReplyDelete