Sunday, 2 October 2011

Interim report

Three quarters of the year gone. It seems like a good time to consider how I'm getting along in meeting my objectives for the year. Here's a quick summary.
  • Staying employed - still working, on a permanent contract, but still much uncertainty in the UK public sector.
  • Learning to crochet - starting from a base of crochet chains, I have made various bags, purses, scarves, amigurumi, scrubbies and potholders. I can now make clusters, granny squares and filet mesh, and work from written and charted crochet patterns. Much better than I hoped!
  • Getting my languishing list down - exceeded expectations by finishing two out of the three items languishing as of 1 January 2011. (The embroidery project still on my languishing list is a very long term WIP and I can't see its status changing any time soon.)
  • Reading more books - I have done more reading this year than I did last, although not as much as I would like.
I didn't write this in my list of planned objectives, but I have also successfully supported dd through her GCSE examinations, and taken ds on some cultural outings.

Things I haven't done: been on a proper holiday, or achieved a better knitting / sewing balance. To achieve that last one now I'd have to sew 16 things before 31 December, and not knit anything else at all, and that seems rather unlikely! Maybe these two will have to feature again on my resolutions list for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment