Thursday, 8 September 2011

Toffee apple cake

I made the apple dapple cake, as previously threatened!

Luckily I have a set of measuring cups to enable me to tackle American recipes, plus the Internet yielded an explanation of what "all-purpose flour" is called in the UK (plain flour, since you ask). How funny that we speak the same language, but it isn't always easy to understand each other.


This is a very easy recipe - you just make a cake with chopped apples and pecans in it, and then pour over a hot caramel sauce (made with brown sugar, yum yum) whilst the cake is till hot. Then the whole thing is left to cool.


The verdict? It's reminiscent of a toffee apple. Quite yummy, in fact. I think I might have another slice!

1 comment:

  1. Right - I am definitely trying this one out - it looks delicious and I'm certain that this cake would be right up my husband's street!!

    ReplyDelete