Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Baby hatted-ness

I do seem to produce an insane amount of baby hats; I just like knitting them. Here are some I recently finished:

#1 The candy cane elf-style hat, ideal for Christmas baby:


This is from Susan B. Anderson's Itty Bitty Hats book, which I recommend for any other fan of knitting baby hats. Contains lots of lovely ideas; so far I have knitted four hats out of there and I have plans for another two.

#2 The baby berry hat, which has a lovely leaf and stalk effect:


Knitted from free pattern available online at randomstitches. I used Debbie Bliss cashmerino dk and 4.5mm needles.

These two I made with actual due babies in mind. I'm knitting another baby hat now though, and it has no destination at all. Unless I send a baby two hats. Can I do that?

1 comment:

  1. So super cute - that Christmas one will be perfect for my nephew.

    And of course babies can have two hats, just as long as they don't try and wear them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete