Saturday, 5 November 2011

Baby gifts

I sent off some knitted baby stuff to two newly-arrived or soon-expected babies:


I made a little pair of bootees to match the baby hat I showed you previously, and sent these to a little baby girl. This was a riff off various bootee patterns, and used the same Debbie Bliss cashmerino dk yarn as the hat.

I also made a tiny owls hat, in which the owls are made from knitted cables:


One owl has sewn-on button eyes and a beak made of felt, but the rest (all the way round the hat) are sleeping! The pattern is available on Ravelry but is not free. I used Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran yarn.

I love owls, especially because of their Harry Potter associations. Thinking snowy (Hedwig!) rather than tawny (Errol?) owls, I think this hat would also look seriously good in winter white.

No comments:

Post a Comment