I finished the camper van:
The crochet parts were easy enough, but the making up took a while. Felt windows, licence plates and the logo circle to sew on, embroidery for doors, doorhandles and VW logo, plus 8 buttons.
For the doorstop weighting, rather than putting loose lentils in the camper van, which might escape through the crocheted fabric, I made a cotton bag out of an old pillowcase, filled it with out-of-date lentils and quinoa (yay for reuse and recycle! I just cleared out our kitchen cupboards last week, and it was very timely!) and stitched it closed. Then I put the bag and some toy stuffing inside the camper van, and sewed the final seam closed.
Completing the doorstop means I have now finished one Christmas present - that's great. I also cut out the pieces for the next, which involves patchwork, so hopefully I'm on a roll!