Friday, 30 March 2012

Liesl

Today, I can tell you I have knitted an Actual Garment. As you'll be used to a diet of smaller projects, you'll no doubt be surprised to see this:


The pattern is Liesl by Ysolda Teague. This is the first time I knitted one of her patterns and it was great, I found no errors at all (after my previous attempts at cardigan knitting, this is a bit of a shock!)

I made it out of Rowan cotton jeans yarn that I bought in the sales 3 years ago, and which has hung around in my stash ever since. I've used all of it up now - six balls for Liesl, and another two for this pleated demin purse:


The purse pattern is in Boutique Knits by Laura Irwin. Nice pattern to knit. I like the eclectic button mix also.

Back tomorrow with another stashdown report and it is looking good for March :-)

1 comment:

  1. It is lovely, very fetching.
    Well done.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete