Wednesday, 11 April 2012

The Big Apple

I expect you've been waiting to hear where we were going on our holidays and I can now reveal that dd and I have been away to New York for a few days.  Picture heavy post follows!

Of course we went to the top of the Empire State Building:
North  Manhattan from Empire State building.
Note the Chrysler building glittering away in the distance there. It was spectacular.

Here is dd in Central Park, location of a thousand movie scenes.

We were really lucky with the weather. Another glorious day, we cruised down the Hudson River:

View of Empire State Building and Chelsea Piers from Hudson River.
It's true about the American food portion sizes. I could never eat more than half of anything. Here's dd tackling breakfast:

Here's another classic breakfast location in New York - one immortalised in film:

Hint: Think Audrey Hepburn...
Of course I couldn't go to the States without a trip to the yarn shop:


Here I am discovering the magic! I bought 900 yards of Malabrigo laceweight and 400 yards of Koigu in a scarf kit. So much for my stash-down! Although I was pretty restrained overall:


We had a wonderful time. 

1 comment:

  1. you lucky girls! what did you do with the boys?

    ReplyDelete