Sunday, 10 June 2012

The case of the Crochet Hooks

In a fit of awesome productivity, I have sewn *two* things this week. This morning I sewed the final button and completed this one:


When you open it up, the inside looks like this. The button loop doubles as a handy hanging loop.


On the inside pockets, I  used my favourite Lovely Morning fabric, that I bought from Fabric Rehab. What an awesome fabric shop! I based the pattern on a travel case from Sew Hip magazine issue 26, with a change to add a pocket to store my crochet hooks.



It was the first time I ever attached a zip pocket:


That went well, but it was also the first time I sewed on bias binding. I'll gloss over that, as definitely Could Do Better. The straight edges were fine, but I had trouble sewing round the corners. Tips are welcome if you want to leave them in the comments box.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely - i have never sewn a crochet hook case but always wanted to. I do like the zip pocket as it looks very useful for notions, etc. This is one to put on my list I think - I have some wadding scraps so might try a quilted one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine has wadding inside it too. It said interfacing, but I didn't have any in stash so used wadding instead. You attach the wadding first to the inner fabric piece and then sew on all pockets before making up. Btw if I was making again, I would sew the bias tape more slowly and use more pins! Also, I would put on two zipped pockets rather than one zipped and one open one. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete