A couple of weeks ago, we had a really warm spell here, during which I complained I was too hot to sleep properly. On the strength of that, I decided to sew myself a pair of pyjama shorts.
I've clearly come a very long way since I restarted sewing in 2009, as I made these shorts without a pattern, just working from an old pair of shorts of mine, and some measurements.
All the fabrics were already in my stash, and so was the thread and elastic, so they didn't cost me a penny in new supplies. I managed to match the gingham reasonably well, and also took the opportunity to practise my binding skills instead of just hemming the legs. The shorts look quite retro, which I like, but I think that's more to do with fabric choices than anything else.
Now, I just have to wait for the weather to warm up again, and I'll be able to wear them.