Sunday, 1 July 2012

Stashdown 2012 #6

This month, yarn movement has been in the right direction! I have used up 740 yards and bought no yarn at all, hurray. Also, out of the three new yarns I bought last month, one is pretty much used up, and the other two are on the needles now.

Here's a summary of what i used up in June:

  • 300 yards on sleeveless top that will be my Phoenix mission this term (Yarn purchase from last month)
  • Another 120 yards of Rowan alpaca finishing my bunny (Yarn purchase from last month, now only have scraps of it left)
  • 30 yards of Sirdar country style dk making boots for a bunny, and 200 yards of knit picks sock-weight yarns for clothes for said bunny.
  • 40 yards of Rico essential cotton making a watermelon coin purse. Yes, another, but slightly different in style to last year's versions.
  • 50 yards of leftover sock yarn making teeny-tiny owl puffs. Here's one of them:

I also cast on for another pair of socks using the third yarn purchase from last month, but to be honest I am not loving that project so far. It is uncertain as to whether they will be finished, but if not, I will be jettisoning that yarn as it's the yarn that is the problem, I think.

Next month I will finish the sleeveless top, and a knitted tea cozy as a minimum. And hopefully finish the socks. And I will not need to purchase any yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment