Sunday, 30 September 2012

Roses and lavender

I crocheted a little lavender sachet this weekend, with a crocheted rose on it for decoration.


I used Rico essential cotton dk yarn from stash, a free pattern on Ravelry (note: Rav log-in required for link) and a 3.5mm hook. The pattern used UK crochet terms and I am so used to working with American patterns, I forgot and did the last round in American trebles and not single crochet, so I had to rip it back! I did this twice as well, once on each side. How silly of me!

I specially like the picot edge. This is the first time I did that in crochet. I also think I have now mastered the magic circle, finally.

These would make pretty christmas presents, so I might make another. If I was making again, I would use a smaller hook, as I had to line it before filling with lavender because the crochet was quite big. I would also probably omit the last round of (US) double crochet, as I think smaller would be even prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment