Monday, 1 October 2012

Stashdown2012 #9

On 1 September, I stashed up for the House Cup term ahead. At the yarn shop I bought 2300 yards in total, made up of:
  • Sirdar smiley stripes 3 balls 312 yards
  • Fyberspates scrumptious lace 1 ball 1094 yards
  • Rowan pure wool dk 1 ball 136 yards
  • Sirdar aran 1 200g ball 260 yards
  • Wendy bliss merino 1 ball 120 yards
  • Sirdar crofter 1 ball 184 yards
  • Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran 2 balls 200 yards
Phew. That is a lot of yarn. But laceweight is very good value - 1094 yards for £17. It's beautiful too, look:


Also, most was bought with specific projects in mind and I started knitting from three of the yarns within the month.

In September, I used up:
  • Roughly 360 yards of Fyberspates scrumptious, on the needles to make a lace shawl by 30 November. It should take about 900 yards altogether and I'm at 40% of the way through.
  • 250 yards Sirdar smiley stripes making a baby hat and Puerperium cardigan
  • 140 yards DB Cashmerino aran making a butterflies and vines cabled hat. This was a test knit. It's lovely, but the FO is slightly too big for me, so it may be that this yarn eventually finds its way back into my stash again for re-knitting in a smaller size.
  • 130 yards of Rico essential cotton crocheting a robin, a lavender sachet and a coffee cup (don't ask...)


2300 yards in and 880 yards out. That's a net stash up of 1420 yards. I have some more yarn due to be delivered any day now, again for a planned House Cup project, but after that I shouldn't need to buy any more yarn this year. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment