Thursday, 31 January 2013

Stashdown2013 #1

Good news! I've started off positively on my 2013 stash down!

I had to buy one skein of yarn, to be sure of having enough for this term's largest project - a laceweight sweater. I bought the first two skeins last year, but I might need a third... it is hand painted yarn, so I will be alternating the skeins, and this means the dye lots are slightly less important. I added 470 yards of Malabrigo lace to my stash. (But I did cast on this project during the month.)

I'm recording yarn out slightly differently this year, in that I count it out only when I have actually finished a project. In January I knitted up:
  • 172 yards on a pair of socks in Adriafil knitcol
  • 98 yards on a pair of toddler legwarmers in Adriafil knitcol
  • 50 yards dishcloth cotton on a crocheted washcloth
  • 50 yards assorted dk on a little owl toy. Here's my little owl, keeping an eye on me!

I have 373 yards in FOs. On paper I am up by 100 yards. But I also cast on and made good progress on a laceweight sweater.



I have knitted more than 100 yards on that, and with a bit of luck, I'll be reporting 900+ yards out on that late in March. But for the time being, my stash tally to date this year is +100.

No comments:

Post a Comment