Sunday, 17 March 2013

Library books

I haven't written for a while. Last weekend I was actually ill, and spent most of it curled up under the duvet feeling very sorry for myself. Was well enough not to miss any work work this week though.

Yesterday, I took ds to visit our brand new library. As a aside, I find it rather astonishing that my local authority should spend £5.3million on that in these straitened times, when they've just  sacked about 20% of the workforce. Their strange priorities also include £900K for a new scoreboard for the cricket ground, which charges an arm and a leg for admission to matches. Now that really is catering to the few.

The new library was very well stocked. Ds chose 6 books while I perused the craft section, but to be honest I found it a bit crowded on Saturday, so I didn't choose any. Anyway, I couldn't have carried any more books home. My arm nearly came out of its socket as it was, because ds's choices included the visual encyclopaedia of Dr Who and some hardbacks in the heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.

Next time I go, because despite what I wrote above, I am still an enthusiastic library service user, I will hopefully bring home some knitting books.

No comments:

Post a Comment