Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Over the Rainbow

As I'm on a general mission to reduce, I don't buy books for myself; however, I'm quite happy to receive books as presents and I jumped for joy when dd gave me this one for my birthday (more than two months ago, but I only got round to writing about it now).



These authors previously published a similar book about Alice, who is also one of my enthusiasms, and I had that one from the library a while ago. This Wizard of Oz one is equally awesome. It's a generalised craft book, but it has some sewing projects in it, I especially liked the patchwork apron:



There were also some fun food recipes, some classics like cherry pie and french crullers, and some more inventive ones, like this stunning rainbow cake:



The other crafts are a lovely mix, such as paper balloons, witch's candles, emerald hair clasps. I'd love to try some of the ideas. And think it would be an awesome base for a themed party.

While I'm writing about the wizard of oz, tangentially, I took ds to see Wreck-It Ralph recently and really enjoyed the references to the classic movie, such as the poppy fields, the wizard who isn't what he seems, the guard sequence at the wicked witch of the west's castle. My mum has the original film on DVD, so I must borrow it next time I visit.

When I do try any crafts from this book, be sure I'll write about it here ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment