Saturday, 18 May 2013

Eighties revival socks

My latest FO:



These fab eighties -type slouch socks came from a pattern in The Knitter magazine issue 44, and used yarn from UK indy dyer The Knitting Goddess. I used a whole skein of sock yarn in raspberry semi solid, plus five miniskeins (purple variegated, chocolate brown, undyed x2, pale pink) and some leftover easyknits sock yarn in choc-cherry. I was aiming for a confection that looked a bit like a raspberry sundae, with chocolate sauce and whipped cream, and I think I achieved the desired effect. Awesome pattern also, and no errors at all!

Also, I used up 366 yards of yarn that had been in my stash since last September, when I first planned to make these socks. This project definitely counts as using up what I have. :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment