Saturday, 7 December 2013

Holly and Ivy

Yesterday I did a little seasonal crafting, involving jam jars, tea light candles, red berries and green leaves. It seems like it's been forever since I tried a non-yarn project, and this one only took about twenty minutes. Instant gratification!


I went out in the garden to find supplies. The red berries were from my cotoneaster. The green leaves were mostly from an ivy growing on the front garden wall, and a few holly leaves cut from a holly seedling in the garden. It's only a baby, so I didn't take too many.



I put some of the berries in the bottom of the clean jars next to the tea light candles. Then i just wrapped stems of ivy round the tops. Ivy is good for this as the stems are very pliant. I used a little piece of string to fasten, where I needed to, but some of the stems stayed in place just by wrapping.



Then I lit the candles. Ta-da!


How lovely and Yule-like! But like all candles, these should not be left unattended when lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment