Thursday, 16 January 2014

Annual Report

I'm late with my report but never mind! At the beginning of January 2013, I wrote this:

"Hello! Happy New Year! I decided not to set any craft-based goals this year, apart from the stashdown one, but I am hoping to lead a more sustainable life in 2013."

As I hadn't set any crafting goals, I don't have to say I missed meeting them! My crafting was down a lot on the previous year. I completed 23 projects over the year, of which only one was sewing. I'm a bit sad about that, but the House Cup imperative makes sewing lower down on my list of priorities. I should think that's going to continue for the foreseeable, but I would like to do a little more sewing in 2014.

I think I did achieve my objective of leading a sustainable life. I reduced and recycled generally throughout the year. My wardrobe is much improved after de-cluttering, as generally, I bought only what I needed. That did lead to the introduction of an extra two pairs of work shoes, but that is definitely a Good Thing!

I stashed down in terms of yarns and fabrics too (both of my sewing projects, completed and unfinished, were entirely from stash). I used the library all year and vastly reduced my magazine consumption. My house seems cleaner and tidier than previously too; perhaps that's because there is less stuff in it?

The biggest achievement I had in 2013, though, I didn't mention on my blog at the start of the year at all, as it seemed too dangerous to write it down in case it was jinxed. It was supporting my dd through her A Levels and helping her to transition to University. And since she's just gone back for her second term, at her first choice institution down on the south coast, I think that has been very successful.

In 2014 I shall hopefully knit and sew a little more. I shall help ds transition to secondary school. Also, I'd like to go on a proper holiday, since we didn't really have one in 2013. Fingers crossed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment