Thursday, 16 January 2014

Garden mittens

My crafting mojo seems to be back! In January so far. I made a bluebird, a rose corsage, and two little smoothie bottle hats for the big knit fundraiser for Age UK. I hope to send them a big parcel of hats this year, so I'm starting early. Also, it helps use up my scraps so stashdown. I also sewed an apron, which I'll write about when I have taken photos.

My favourite project so far this month is the Torirot Mystery Mittens (link is to Ravelry page; sign in may be required. I started them on Jan 9th and I'm already pretty much through the first mitten, as they are so much fun to knit! Here's my progress pics:

Clue 1


Clue 2


Clue 3



Clue 4


Just the grafting to go, and then I can start the second mitten. The first clue for it was released today.

I only bought one other colour for this project, as I'm really aiming to work from stash, but I wish now I'd got a different shade of green, as a little more contrast would look better, but I'm still very happy with how my lovely mittens are turning out.

1 comment: