Friday, 31 January 2014

Stashdown #1 2014

This month was not so much a stashdown as a stash up. And February will be the same! I must knit knit knit to get all this incoming yarn down, if I'm to end the year at nil net increase.

I bought this yarn in January:

831 laceweight to make a shawl (on the needles already)
693 yards of KP palette for my colourwork mittens.
680 yards of Sirdar country style dk. Really, half of this was a mistake! I bought the wrong colour (online shopping!) so I had to get more. Still, it's always useful to  have dk in stock.
110 yards of WoTA for a very long term plan, which has slipped back again now so I didn't really need this yet. Oh well.

Altogether that is 2314 yards in.

Out:
About 60 yards of dk scraps on three small items. Here's one of them - a bluebird for happiness!


234 yards of 4 ply, including some of the Palette, making my colourwork mittens. They used five colours, but I only bought three, so it was partially a stashdown project. Of course, colourwork leaves lots of leftovers, but it was pretty nice yarn to work with so I think I shall use it in more projects.
130 yards of the Sirdar dk on my honey for tea cosy.
150 yards of the Sirdar dk on a waffle hat, made for a quidditch match. Ds is wearing it to school, so that has turned out to be very useful.

Total out: 578 yards.

End month net (which is also YTD): +1736.


No comments:

Post a Comment