Sunday, 16 March 2014

Mermaid's Song

I have finally finished my Mermaid's Song lace shawl I started in January.


This is one which maybe shows the lace border a bit more clearly. There is a silver-lined crystal bead at  every point:


And this one from another angle, that shows the sheer nature of the laceweight yarn:


It took me weeks to knit the lace border with the beads, but only about six days to knit the short-row shaped stockinette section.

The pattern is by Susannah Ic, and was published in the interweave magazine The Unofficial Harry Potter knits (unfortunately this is not for sale in the UK owing to copyright restrictions, but an American friend of mine kindly sent me a copy as a gift). I used just short of 500 yards of laceweight yarn in semi-solid blue from the Knitting Goddess, who hand dyes yarn in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. I love blue, so I am very happy with the FO.

No comments:

Post a Comment